Here are the documents you will use in class.
- Editing and Formatting — Assignment
- Planning and Outling with Example
- Rex Murphy Transcript – No Paragraphs: For use with paragraph assignment (not used every year).
- Proposal – Television as a Social Force
- “One in six teens inflict self harm – PDF” – Globe and Mail, Jan. 28, 2009 (PDF file)
These are for your own use to practice some of the concepts taught in class. They will not be assigned, nor marked, however, anyone who does them can bring them to me to see how well you did. I encourage the use of these exercises.
- Redundancy Exercise: See how well you understood what we did in class. (You were in class, weren’t you?)
- Editing and Formatting — In-class Exercise: What we did in class, but now you can do it at home. (Try to contain your excitement.)
- APA Essay Template: A fake essay in APA format. Just replace the text with your own.
- GM Foods-Michael Hermanns – A student’s essay on the beneficial effects of genetically modified foods.
- Memory System: This is a system taken from the Harry Lorayne book. It can be used to memorise any number of things. Especially useful for tests in technical subjects